Community participation and social innovation
Joline Young Heritage Consultancy offers a range of heritage-related services. Our service offering includes the following:
- Heritage consulting, curation and support for museum exhibitions
- Heritage assessments
- Heritage monitoring
- Research projects: Primary archival and secondary literature research
- Oral history research projects and community consultation
- Focused archival research for corporations and private individuals
- Lectures on Cape Slavery and pre-colonial indigenous communities
- Lectures on 17th and 18th century Cape History
- Heritage talks at conferences
- Creating heritage content for storyboards and publication
- Walking history seminars in Simon’s Town and Cape Town city focusing particularly, but not only, on the history of slavery
- Heritage tourism
- Heritage tourism training
- Educational resources
Previous clients include Heritage Western Cape, Personal Trust, Museum Services, the National Library of South Africa, Net vir Pret NGO, UFS and UCT.
Current educational resources available:
- ‘Lucy’s Dream’, an educational children’s book covering the topic of forced removals.
- On-line seminars, which are advertised on our website.